Step 1: Supplies
- Scraps of muslin, sheer, lace, or Netting cut into 5 X 5 squares
- Embroidery thread
- Sewing needle
- Marking pen
- Loose tea leaves
- Glass jewels
- Tea spoon
Step 2: Pattern
- You will need to cut a square piece of fabric 5X5 for each weighted tea bag.
Step 3: Sewing The Seams
- Fold the square in half with right sides together.
- Thread the needle and sew along the bottom and the side as shown.
- Tie it off.
- Clip the threads.
Step 4: Top Hem
- Fold the top edge down (about the 1 1/2 inches and:
- Turn it under the same amount again.
- You will sew it in the next step.
- The pictures show one sewn and one not sewn.
Step 5: Draw String
- Carefully turn the bag right side out without disturbing the hem.
- Begin sewing at the seam ( through all the layers, leaving the bag open as you sew,) across the top just below the top edge.
- Stitch all the way around until you meet up with the beginning stitch. Don't trim the threads or back stitch.
- â Mine are a little too long so I would cut them about 9 inches.
- Trim off what you don't want.
- Tie each end in a knot.
Step 6: Weights
- Spread the draw strings out as shown.
- Dab some glue on the center of the glass jewels.
- Stick the string in the glue.
- Center the button over the string and press.