I learned this a few years ago, and I decided to make it into an Instructable. I love to go to Computer stores, like Circuit City, or Costco, and put this up on the screen.
It is funny to see people's faces when they walk by, and the screen says:
"Welcome to the Matrix"
Step 1: Materials
- Any Windows Model with Command Prompt
- The "run" module in your start menu
- The Power of the Matrix
Step 2: Opening Command Prompt
Then click OK, and the wonderful black dialog box of DOS should appear.
If you are at school, and your "run" command is disabled, please refer to last step to find a secondary way to open up command prompt.
Step 3: Typing It All In
To clear the Microsoft Windows Copyright above the C:\Documents and Settings, just type in "cls"
- cls means to clear screen.
Next, type in the word "prompt".
After prompt, put a space, and start to type Welcome to the Matrix. To make sure the the saying is not overlapping to the next line, you have to type:
- Welcome to the Matrix Welcome to the Matrix Welcome to the Matrix Welcome to the
Type it as you see it above.
Once you type it all in, press Enter. And move on to the next step.
Step 4: Making It Matrix Colors
Type in "cls", just to clear everything up. Don't worry, no information will be lost.
You should have your Phrase across the screen now.
To change the color, type in:
- color 0a
Now Press ENTER! Hold Enter down, and there you go!
You are one with the Matrix of Command Prompt!
- Next Step is how to get around "run" being disabled.
Step 5: Opening CMD Without "run"
Here is how to open command prompt without run!
- Open up a new notepad document. AKA a text document.
- Now type in start command.com
- Now click Save
- Save it as cmd.bat
- Save it to the Desktop
- Click the icon that showed up, and command prompt should open now.