Introduction: What Happens When a Nerd Goes Camping
So I'm going to a festival this weekend and I have got, genuinely the worst memory in the history of ever! It's like a goldfish with severe Alzheimer's!
I was laying in bed one night and I decided it would be a good idea to paint my tent, that way I wouldn't get confused with all the other generic tents surrounding me, aren't I clever.
It took me a while to decide on the design but once I'd picked Pokemon everything just happened and fitted, I mean, how cool is that at a festival?
The whole project took me about 6 hours in total, spread over two days and I'm still not sure if I want to paint on the other side.
I was thinking Butterfree and Psyduck? Opinions on that would be appreciated, I hope you guys like it anyway!
I started by drawing my design onto an A4 sheet of paper, outlining it in permanent marker, and sticking it to the inside of the tent.
I then traced the design onto the outside of the tent, again using permanent marker.
I free-handed the vines and Yin Yang sign in a way that made it look like Bulbasaur was holding it up in the air.
I then started painting. I began by just using acrylic paint, this meant I had to put on 3 layers of colour on, which was time consuming more than anything. I mixed blue, white and a hint of green to get this colour, it looks much more blue in the picture.
I added more green to the paint I'd used to colour the body and filled in the spots.
After painting the bulb a brighter green I added the detail on the face (eyes: red and white, same with the mouth and teeth)
I then painted the vines a darker green colour.
This is when I learned that mixing acrylic with fabric paint made the paint stick to the tent much easier and it went down to only needing one coat! I mixed a light brown for the shell and shaded it with a darker brown, same with the blue for the head. I then used white for the outer shell line and eyes.
I mixed the colours for Charmander, which turned out to be difficult getting a nice orange shade when I'm painting an orange tent but y'know, it worked out well enough. I also turned the outside of the Yin Yang into a pokeball, as an afterthought on the original design.
After the paint had dried I outlined everything again in permanent marker to add definition.
I added more detail's into the Yin Yang using permanent marker.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.