Several years ago I got very ill from food poisoning. Since then I have researched the ways you can get sick from food. This Instructable will share a few things that I have learned about cutting boards.
Wood cutting boards are not very safe. Wood is very porous which makes a breeding area for bacteria. Occasionally I will use my wood cutting board but never for meat. I like the look of wood in pictures so I do use it for picture purposes. Wood cutting boards washed in a dishwasher dries and cracks the wood making them even more susceptible to bacteria. Glass cutting boards are hard on knives and they are dangerous if they break. It would be terrible if glass got into the food and someone ingested it. I remember my mother-in-law had a large glass cutting board. I took it out of the kitchen because I was afraid she was going to get hurt because of her age.