1. Ubuntu Server edition 10.04 LTS - http://www.ubuntu.com/business/get-ubuntu/download
- put it on a cd. guide on ubuntus site.
2. Fusion WOL - Remote switching on of the server - http://www.fusion-online.com.ar/en/products/wol/
3. FileZilla - http://filezilla-project.org/
4. A pc for the server nothing special..
5. Make sure the PC has a cdrom drive
If you need help drop me an email! I also offer setup services remotely if you want me to do everything else. after installing Ubuntu. send me an email firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 1: Pre Game
Set up your soon to be server, power, monitor, keyboard, (no need for mouse), internet connection.
1. Before installing ANYTHING go into your BIOS ( On my computer that was switch on the computer and press DEL key)
- Find the Wake on Lan Feature and enable it.
- Make sure your computer is bootable from CDROM drive ( Mine was i just had to hit F12 to change the boot order)
- Save settings and PUT THE UBUNTU CD IN THE DRIVE
2. Restart and boot from the CD (I had to press F12 and select the CD to boot)
- You get the screen below
3. Next step... INSTALLATION.