Introduction: What's Behind the Door? Peel Away Paint LED Lamp/ Night Light
What's inside your bedroom door?
Step 1: Gather Materials
I used very inexpensive materials, most of which I bought at the dollar store.
- Foam Poster Board
- Poster Board Paper
- Blue Vellum Paper
- Parchment Paper
- Toggle Switch
- Glue Gun
- LED Lights- The ones I used were already connected because I pulled them out of a toy- one of those light up swords.
- Poster Tape- To hang it on the door.
Step 2: Cut Everything
- Take the poster paper and slice in half diagonally (the poster paper I used was 11"x 14").
- Then, take that piece and use it as a guide to cut the foam poster board, the vellum, and the parchment paper.
- Take the poster board and cut 1" wide strips that will be used for the walls of the box.
Step 3: Paint
Paint the poster paper and the outside parts of the 1" strips of foam board to match the color of your door. I used acrylic paint to do this.
Step 4: Glue
- With a gun, glue the 1" strips on TOP of the triangle you cut out from the foam board.
- Glue the poster paper to the inside of the longest strip.
Step 5: Light It Up
- Remove the bulky part of the switch and cut a small hole for the switch to poke through. The hole should be about halfway down the longest side of the triangle.
- Glue the switch in place.
- Throw the LEDs into the box and connect all the wires. I would have soldered it but I wasn't able to.
Step 6: Cover It Up and Hang It
- Use glue and some small pins to attach the vellum and parchment paper to the top.
- Do not glue or pin anything on the longest side, leave that side open. The hot glue gun should work to attach the vellum, but not the parchment paper- use small sewing pins for that.
Step 7: Hang It
Use double sided tape or poster tape to attach the backside to the door. Flip the switch and enjoy!