Dark chocolate ravioli parcels oozing with white chocolate mascarpone and raspberries, drizzled with champagne raspberry coulis and served with vanilla ice-cream! Totally indulgent but perfect for entertaining!
Okay, this has been a long time coming! A member for about 3 years and finally I have worked up the courage to make my first instructable… no need to rush these things.
This idea has been floating around in my head for about 2 years and I have only been motivated to try and create the recipe because of the chocolate competition. So here it is!
Please forgive me if I over instruct you... but I thought it better to give you as many details as possible to avoid confusion.
Finally, and most importantly... enjoy!
Step 1: Ingredients:
• 80 grams (3 oz) bittersweet chocolate roughly chopped
• 2 Tbsp thickened cream
• 1 ½ cups of fine (type OO) flour (substitute with all purpose flour if needed)
• ¼ cup Dutch cocoa powder (or good quality baking cocoa)
• ¼ cup icing/confectioners sugar
• 1 pinch finely ground black pepper
• 1 pinch salt
• 2 eggs
WHITE CHOCOLATE MASCARPONE
• 120 grams (4 oz) white chocolate melts
• 1/3 cup thick cream
• 100 grams mascarpone
• 1tsp vanilla extract.
RASPBERRY CHAMPAGNE COULIS
• 1 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)
• 1/3 cup superfine / Castor sugar
• 2 TBsp Champagne
• 1 Tsp Balsamic Vinegar
• 1 egg lightly whisked for sealing ravioli closed
• ½ - ¾ cup raspberries extra needed for stuffing the ravioli
• 100 grams milk chocolate melts extra for garnish
• icing sugar to dust before serving
• Vanilla ice-cream to serve
• Vegetable oil for deep frying
Other things you might need:
• Bench top mixer with dough hook
• Pasta roller
• Cookie cutter or pasta wheel