Introduction: Whole Wheat Flat Bread Pizza Without Oven
Whole Wheat Flat Bread Pizza is easy and fast to make recipe. Its made like whole wheat flat bread (Chapathi/roti) and then assembled like a pizza. It is cooked on the stove top without using the oven. Resting time or prior preparations is not required for this recipe.
Preparation time :
Pizza Dough : 3-4 minutes.
Preparing the veggies : 3- 4 minutes
Assembling and cooking the pizza: 5 to 10 minutes
Total time : 15 to 20 min
Step 1: Ingredients
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
1) Whole Wheat flour - 1 Cup
2) Milk - 2 Tbsp
3) Water - 2 Tbsp (In the picture water and milk is mixed)
4) Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
5) Salt - 1 Tsp
1) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
2) Pizza Sauce (Homemade or store bought)
3) Chopped Green Bell Pepper - 1/ 4 Cup
4) Chopped Red Bell Pepper - 1/4 Cup
5) Chopped Onion - 1/4 Cup
6) Sliced Olives - 1/4 Cup
7) Grated Cheese - as per taste
Step 2: Making the Pizza Dough (No Yeast )
1) Add whole wheat flour, salt, olive oil and mix together.
2) Add milk and water little by little and keep kneading it into a dough. (Mixed water and milk before adding)
3) The dough should neither be sticky nor be very hard. When pressed with a finger, the dough should have the finger impression.
Step 3: Making the Pizza
1) Take a small portion of the dough, roll it into a ball and dust it with flour on both sides. Then roll it into a flat bread
2) Place a pan on medium heat, put the rolled flat bread/chapathi on the pan/tava.
3) Cook the flat bread on both sides by flipping over.It takes about 1 to 2 min to cook on both sides.(light brown spots indicate its cooked)
4) Switch off the heat or remove the pan from the heat and assemble the pizza. Spread the pizza sauce, then the vegetables and top it with cheese.
5) Switch on the heat to medium after assembling the pizza and cover it and cook.
Whole Wheat Flat Bread Pizza without Oven is now ready to be served.