Whole Wheat Flour and Natural Gum Cookies are extremely nutritious for everybody especially kids. This dish is great during winters as it helps build resistance towards cold and gives a lot of strength too. It is traditionally made with Clarified butter.
Whole wheat, natural gum and clarified butter is a power pack combination, hence simply great for kids. I make this for my toddler always (ofcourse please check for allergies before giving your kids). Please try it and hope you like it. Enjoy!
Step 1: Ingredients and Preparation Steps
- Clarified Butter - 1 cup
- Cardamom - 12 medium size
- Natural Gum - 1/2 cup
- Whole wheat flour - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1.25 cups
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Powder cardamom as finely as possible using a mortar and pestle.
- Dry roast the natural gum. It pops up to double its size and can be easily crushed to a course powder.
- Use a rolling pin and crush the natural gum to a finer texture and keep aside.
- In a pan, warm up the clarified butter and roast the whole wheat flour till there is a nice aroma and its kind of brown in color.
- Mix the crushed natural gum and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Turn off heat and when its not too hot, add the sugar and mix well.
- Make small balls and add more clarified butter if you are unable to make balls.
- Use some sprinkles as decoration.
- I make this for my toddler so I use colored sprinkles to attract her to eat them. She loves these cookies.
- The cookies are ready. Store in air tight containers and enjoy.