Whole wheat veggie crackers are crispy and crunchy snack made with whole wheat flour, seasoned with sesame seed, flax seeds,salt and fresh veggies. It is easy to make, quick to cook and healthy to eat snack.
Preparation Time : 10 min
Baking Time : 15 - 20 min
Step 1: Ingredients
1) Whole Wheat Flour - 1 Cup
2) Finely Chopped Onion - 1/4 Cup
3) Finely Chopped Cilantro - 1/4 Cup
4) Finely Chopped Green chilli - 1 tsp (as per taste)
5) Sesame seeds - 1 Tbsp
6) Flax seeds - 1/2 Tbsp
7) Olive oil - 1 Tbsp
8) Sour cream - 2 Tbsp
9) Salt as per taste
10) Water - 1/4 cup or less
Step 2: Making the Dough
1) In a bowl, add the chopped onion, cilantro, green chilli, sesame seeds, flax seeds, sour cream and mix well.
2) Then add the whole wheat flour, salt, olive oil and mix well (crumble texture)
3) Then add water little by little making into a dough. (little firm dough) cover and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
Step 3: Baking !!!
1) Take the dough and roll it flat making it as thin as possible (1/4 inch thick). Sprinkle some dough on the surface on which your rolling to avoid sticking
2) Then cut crackers in the desired shape and prick them using a fork so that they don't puff up.
3) Place the crackers onto a baking tray evenly spaced.
4) Bake at 350 F for about 15 to 20 minutes. After 10 minutes flip the crackers to cook evenly and turn light brown.(time for baking may vary depending on the thickness of the cracker)
5) Remove them and allow it cool down completely. Crispy whole wheat Crackers is ready to be served. This can be stored in a air tight container for later.