Step 6: Etching the PCB
MAKE YOUR OWN ETCHANT:
+Muratic Acid (image 1)
+Hydrogen Peroxide (image 2)
+PLASTIC measureing spoon (CANT BE METAL CAUSE THE ACID WILL EAT IT!!!!!) (image 3)
+and a PLATIC bowl (SAME REASONS)
1) Measure out 2 quantities of hydrogen peroxide and pour it in your bowl.
2) Measure out 1 quantity of muratic acid.
Ex. 2 tbls of hydrogen peroxide, and 1 tbls of muratic acid.
Keep in mind the 3 A's from high school chemistry class
always pour acid into water or what ever you mixing not water into acid!
3) Now you have your own etchant solution.
ETCHING THE PCB:
1) Go ahead and pour some etchant into a tuper ware bowl (if you made it you should already have it a bowl)
2) Use a plastic fork to slowly lower the PCB into your etchant solution. being carful not to splash.
3) Let it sit in the solution until you canot see any more copper, ecationaly lifting the board with the plastic fork just to get it all even.
4) Once you think its done remove the board and rinse it off with water.
5) get the brake cleaner and spray some on the board and scrub with a paper towel untill all the toner is off. Checking to make sure that all your traces are good and not broken.
yess we are so close to finishing this thing i can almost taste it.