Introduction: Wii Steering Wheel
Make an easy, sturdy wii steering wheel for less than $5.
Step 1: What You Will Need
I got a new wii game that involves driving a car. I wanted to try out a wii steering wheel but did not want to pay for one. So I went to the local hardware store and this is what I came up with.
(1) Black 7/8 inch plumbing pipe. There were a couple of types of this black pipe but I bought the thicker of the two. I am not really sure what it is used for but I think I read something about it being for the sink or garbage disposal?? ($0.79 a foot)
(2) 3/4 nylon insert coupling ($0.89)
(3) black electrical tape ( I already had some black tape I previously bought at the dollar store)
The following is a picture of what you will need BUT it is actually enough for two. So if you are making one you will only need half what is pictured.
Step 2: Make the Circle
The first thing I did was made the circle around the remote. I just kind of eyeballed it by putting the wii remote in the middle and figuring out how big to make the circle. After finding out how much I would need I cut it and connected it with the coupling inside and taped it with the electrical tape.
Step 3: Middle Piece
You will now need to cut a middle piece the width of the circle.
(1) After cutting the middle piece you will need to slice it down the middle and make a space for the remote to fit in later.
(2) Then you need to make extra cuts on the end so that it looks like a capital letter T on each end.
Step 4: Your Done!
Now take the middle and tape it to the circle with the Top of T's behind the circle. You may have to make some minor adjustment cuts. You are done! I was really happy with the wheel because it is more weighted than store bought wii steering wheels and it feels more real to me. Hope you enjoy it too!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.