Here's a clip of what he has found:
So I thought I would try building my own Pen and find the items required in Australia.
I have completed my Pen and have also found an easily accessible Bluetooth device.
We use this now at the School I work at, and it is a handy device and inexpensive to build.
We can use it on any whiteboard, wall, Laptop Screen, or external monitor you can think of.
Here's the finished product:
Step 1: Components you'll need....
1. 1 x Pack of "Misty Markers" available from KMart For around $3.00 (6 Pack is what I purchased - They come from Hunter Leisure )
2. 1 x Infrared Light Emitting Diode from Dick Smiths $1 (Cat No. Z3235) ->> View Here
3. 1 Pack of wire - will last you ages..... $4 (Cat No. W4010) ->> View Here
4. 1 x Various Heat Shrink tubing from Disk Smiths - will last a fair while (Cat No. W4060 ) $8.99 --> View Here
5. AAA NiMH Rechargeable battery x 2 - $12.99 Important to use rechargeable as the voltage is 1.2V. ---> View Here
6. "AA" Battery holder - S6155 (Used for battery terminals) ---> View Here
7. SPDT Mini Micro Switch - P7802 ---> View Here
8. Araldite singles - Available at Bunnings Hardware. 3 small packs x 1mL
You will also need a soldering iron and some solder. I also used some helping hands ( View Here ) and a Hobby Rotary Tool ( View Here )