For readers not wanting to read the story of this instructable here is a short: This instructable is about changing wallpaper in Windows 7 Starter Edition which is a problem since Microsoft deleted that option in this particular release. Enjoy steps of these instructables :-) Read all steps before you try it! :)
For others that are willing to read the longer story :-) :
Recently i have bought an Assus EeePC Seashell netbook with windows 7 on board, you may think "WHOA kewl" but hold your horses. Most netbooks on the market nowadays are sold with windows 7-yes- but it's only a Starter Edition which is good if not great for low-end PC's and netbooks.Why am I writing this then?
"Windows 7 Starter does not include:
- Aero Glass, meaning you can only use the “Windows Basic” or other opaque themes. It also means you do not get Taskbar Previews or Aero Peek.
- Personalization features for changing desktop backgrounds, window colors, or sound schemes.
- The ability to switch between users without having to log off.
- Multi-monitor support.
- DVD playback.
- Windows Media Center for watching recorded TV or other media.
- Remote Media Streaming for streaming your music, videos, and recorded TV from your home computer.
- Domain support for business customers.
- XP Mode for those that want the ability to run older Windows XP programs on Windows 7.
If you're like me and bought netbook with this Windows 7 version before you've read about it's limitations on the web, this instructable might help you to get over one of obstacles of enjoying it like any other system. I'm going to explain process of getting your windows to change wallpapers :).
Enjoy and please Read all steps before you try it :)
Written by Dan because of an inspiration of his Angel :*
Step 1: What do you need?
Windows 7 Starter Edition
Stardock My Colors (Theme Manager)
Actually it's Windows Blinds (also a theme manager but it doesn't work for our purpose) with less options and less themes (only few that are free)
Or you may use these Two:
Link: [h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex] (made by HP and looks great, my Angel used it and never complained and is visually better than "think green mentioned later on")
Link: [http://www.stardock.com/products/mycolors/gallery.asp?p=diamond&c=free] (which is the closest you can get to normal aero theme by M$)
Wallpaper of your choice :)
(i will be using [www.travelblog.org/Wallpaper/pix/tb_fiji_sunset_wallpaper.jpg] but you can use whatever wallpaper you like)