- empty wine bottle and cork (I used a 1.5L bottle)
- blue and red LEDs
- 220 Ohm and 100 Ohm resistors
- small toggle switch
- gel candle wax
I got the gel wax from Michaels for $32.23 with a 40% off coupon. There is enough wax to fill three 1.5L bottles.
The wire, switch, resistors, and LEDs all came from RadioShack for about $15.
With $11 worth of wax per bottle and $15 worth of electronics, this project cost about $26 all together. You could get the parts much cheaper online, but I wasn't feeling patient enough for that.
- drill or drill press
- glass drill bit
- squirt bottle
- soldering iron and solder
- wire cutters
- hot glue gun
- sticky tack
- a pot to melt the gel wax
- a food thermometer for the wax