Total cost for this project was about $10 (if you don't include the wine that was enjoyed)
- Empty Wine Bottle or other glass bottle
- Fender Washer - I used 1 inch in diameter with about a 1/2 inch opening
- Replacement Tiki Lamp Wick (I used the one that come complete because I found them on sale - buy what's cheap)
- Tiki Oil (1 - 2 quart bottle will be good for two torches)
- Funnel to reduce the spilling while filling the bottle with oil
- Match or lighter to test out the completed torch (guess this one is really not optional)
- Good friends and another Full wine bottle to share stories with while you empty the wine for the next torch!
Step 1: Directions
- Simply pull the Tiki wick from the metal top
- Thread the Tiki wick through the Fender Washer so that about 3/4 of an inch stick out
- Fill bottle with Tiki Oil (I used the Bite Fighter kind but all of them work well) enough so that at least 2-3 inches of oil will be Over the bottom of the wick
- Place wick with fender washer in the bottle
- Give the wick about 15 minutes or so to draw the oil up
- Light and enjoy!