Step 1: Gather ingredients & tools
- 1.5 cups of sifted unbleached bread flour
- 1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of table sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2/3 cup of wine
- about 1 teaspoon of melted butter for the bread wash
- oven preheated to 375 degrees F
- mixing bowl
- measuring cup & spoons
- mixing spoon
- flour sifter, scale, or strainer and lots of patience
- lightly greased mini loaf pan(s)
- optional: whisk (you can use a fork)
- optional: silicone brush for breadwash (you can use a fork)
Step 2: Combine
Step 3: Wait & wash...
Step 4: Enjoy!
You haven't lived till you've had a scrambled egg and gouda sandwich made with two different types of wine bread for breakfast! Oddly enough, the Cabernet bread also makes a very tasty peanut butter sandwich.
- the wait time of 30 minutes before baking may be completely unnecessary
- the Chardonnay bread had a very interesting egg-y smell while baking
- you can double this recipe for a regular-sized loaf pan
- this is a great way to use up wine that's no longer fresh enough to drink
- if you enjoyed this recipe, check out my beer bread Instructable!