This is an Easy Re-purposed DIY tool..
I do a lot of tumbling of geodes which are amazing special rocks good for a tumble.
My large tumblers are a 9" barrels with rubberized innards that hold, a bunch of rocks,
in tap water, with a scoop of grinding grit and about 15% free air space = volume..
Then the barrels are sealed and rotated at 16 RPM 24/7 for about two weeks.
When spin time is right the rocks ( geodes ) need to be looked at and
the tumbling barrel will have to be opened.
- I have to unscrew the six 1/4-20 Wing-nuts per barrel
- Which starts by using a pair of pliers to loosen each one of them.
- Then finger un-twisting each of the Wing-nuts
- A future ible will describe why this is a Fascinating Hobby
- Then repeat this process in reverse.
- Finger twist and tighten each of the Wing-nuts
- Finally using a pair of pliers to tighten each one of them.
Using this Wing Nut Key Driver
makes it so Much Easier
then close the tumbler barrels.