Introduction: Winged Keys Using Paper
The Winged keys, also known as Flying keys were keys that were presumably enchanted with a flying charm to guard the Philosopher's Stone.
The keys were placed in a massive "flock" within the third of the stone's chambers, and only one of them would allow entry into the fourth chamber through a locked door that was made impervious to unlocking charms. The keys would scatter chaotically as soon as the brooms were used to lift-off.
So i planed to make the winged keys with paper.
Step 1: Materials
- Used A4 sheets & some pamplets
- Blue color sketch pen
Cut the paper into strips. The strips should be 0.5,1 ,5, and 10 cm in width.
Step 2: Making Stem or Shaft
- Make stem using 5 cm & 10 cm strips.
- Using toothpick roll the strips and seal the end with glue.
- Roll the end with 1 cm strip on both sides of the stem, to make the collar of the key
Step 3: Making Bow and Key Wards
- Now use quilling methods to design the Bow of the key
- I am using toothpick, if u have quilling tools you can use it too.
- With 0.5 cm and 1 cm strips roll to make small rods.
- Length of the strips can be changed to make the different rods
- Make the circle loosely and glue it.
- Press both ends to make diamond, and one end to make round and corner tips.
- Make big circle, heart shape and triangle shapes
Step 4: Assemble the Key
I joined the quilled shapes to make the bow. Now the stem, collar, bow and key wards, are ready to assemble.
Whatever shapes you like make it, Unleash your imagination.
Now the key waiting for the wings.
You can also paint the key with silver or golden colour. I like to use the recycled paper look.
Step 5: Attach the Wings
- Draw the outline of butterfly on the pamphlets. I made 1 big wings and 5 small wings according to the key size.
- Cut it and colour it with blue sketch pen.
- Attach it to the key with glue.
Now our flying key is ready.
Step 6: Wall Hanging Types
Attach different length of thread to each key and hang it like ceiling mobile or using double tape attach it directly to the walls.
Enjoy making the recycled, quilled paper flying key.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.