Introduction: Winter Vegetable Bisque
Looking for a great vegetable bisque recipe? made with those dependable vegetables that are often overlooked during summer’s bounty, this velvety soup soothes on a cold winter night. A garnish of fresh chives adds a fresh taste and a bit of contrast.
Looking For More Great Vegan Recipes? Checkout AllGoneVegan.com
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, chopped
- 3 large parsnips, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size all-purpose potato, peeled and diced
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup white wine
- 5 cups Super-Rich Vegetable Stock
- 1½ teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives for garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, cover, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the parsnips, carrots, potato, and celery. Cover and cook until the vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. Stir in the garlic, wine, and stock. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Add the thyme, season with salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Working in the batches, carefully transfer the mixture to a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Return to the pot and heat through. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- To server, lade into bowls and garnish with the chives.