Introduction: Wire Art Cat or Solder a Wire Frame Animal
Make a wire frame cat or other design.
- metal wire
- piece of wood
- wood nails
- blue tack, poster gum or poster buddy (to hold pieces of wire in place)
- soldering iron
- wire cutters
//made mine at maakplek.nl the Groningen maker space.
Step 1: Draw or Download a Design
I wanted to make this cat from the local cat café, printed it on two pages.
Step 2: Use Nails for a Jig, Solder Wire
- Glue/draw your design on a piece of wood
- Hammer nails in place to form a soldering jig
- Use wire cutters to cut some pieces of metal wire to size, or fold along jig
> protect your eyes when cutting metal wire
- Use poster gum / blue tack / poster buddy to hold metal wire in place
- Solder away!
> don't inhale fumes, ventilate
> don't burn yourself
> don't set the paper and or wood on fire
> and just generally be safe
Step 3: Take a Picture of Your Work and Share It Here!
Made in maakplek.nl the Groningen maker space.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.