I still had the template so I thought I might try some other materials. Since I happened to have some mesh in my shed I decided to give it a go.
Here's how you can make one too:
- First cut a template out of cardboard.
- Next place the template over the mesh and spray it with paint stencil-fashion.
- Make four more shapes the same making sure the horizontal wires will line up when the pieces are joined.
- Then cut out the shape with an angle grinder.
- Now for the hard part.
- Try to bend the mesh roughly into shape.
- Starting at the base weld the pieces together wire by wire.
- Try not to use too many swear words when you tear bits of skin off your knuckles.
- Sorry I don't have pictures of the process. I didn't really have enough hands to hold the job and weld, let alone take pictures at the same time.
- Don't give up.
- Eventually you will have a beautiful vase.
Mine looks Ok but unfortunately it leaks.
I hope liked my Instructable. I will be making another one from steel plate one day and I plan to make a proper step-by-step then.
Please feel free to comment and ask questions.