Introduction: Wireless Charger and Storage Box
Made this to go in my room and charge my phone at night so I don't have to fiddle around with cables in the dead of night. Plus its pretty awesome works with every phone compatible wireless charging. Also works with Iphone if you buy a wireless charge receiver for it (linked in the 2nd Step)
- Samsung Galaxy S6,
- S6 Edge
- S6 Edge Plus
- LG G4
- Google Nexus 4 5 6 and 7
- Nokia Lumia 920
Step 1: Gathering the Right Bonding Agents (glue)
For the acrylic to wood I used Weld on #16 solvent cement
For the brass hinge to acrylic I used Gap filler insta
For the circuit board to the wood I used Hot glue
Step 2: Time to Order the Components
Bezalel wireless charging receiver for Iphone 6/6plus you would get the one that fits your phone.
You only need to buy one wireless charger the single coil has a smaller charge field but cheaper and the triple coil charger has a larger field so it can go through a case if need be, but is more money.
Step 3: Design Your Box
- I used AutoCad to design the frame of the box and cut it out on a laser cuter but if you don't have access to one just cut out on a ban saw with out the little fingers.
- The top and bottom of the box is made out of 1/8th inch plywood, The sides are made of 1/8th inch blue tinted clear acrylic.
- My specifications are 8 by 5 by 1 inches
Step 4: Side Assembly
- Remove acrylic cover and apply masking tape to the body of the acrylic.
- Measure sides to see if they fit.
Step 5: Gluing Sides on
- The stain is optional
- Now that we know they fit glue on the sides with Weld on #16 solvent cement (link found in 1st step)
- Attach a clamp to ensure every thing is straight
Step 6: Hinges
- Use the screws for the hinge to wood
- Use Gap filler insta for the hinge to acrylic
Step 7: Attaching Coiled Wireless Charger PCB Itain Qi
- I had attached it using hot glue (copper coiled side up)
- Remove 3M tape cover and stick the board on it
Step 8: Make It Look Nice
- I had cut a piece of wood and hot glued it on to wooden dowels as you can see in the photos
- plug it in to a 2 amp out let and it will charge
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.