Instructables
loading
loading
Picture of Wireless PVC badminton volleyball net
My kids received a badminton set from their grandmother last summer which we have enjoyed immensely and play it often especially as an after dinner family game.  The problem is that it is cumbersome to set up and take down for mowing the grass and the kids keep tripping over the guy wires when running through the yard, especially after dark.  I decided to make a PVC net holder that didn't use guy wires to hold it up.
 
Remove these adsRemove these ads by Signing Up

Step 1:

Picture of
IMG_3614.JPG
IMG_3617.JPG
Here is the net set up as it was designed.  It uses two 3-section metal poles that are starting to rust with guy wires on either end to hold them up.  I replaced the cheap strings and plastic stakes with heavier duty nylon cord and metal tent stakes but it was still a pain to set up and take back down.
AnthonyZ23 months ago

Will definitely make this. Any way I can do this on asphalt? I live in a row of condos and we all share a strip of yard in the back and there are trees and stuff which makes a huge problem for playing badminton...

potted plant planter - drive the pvc in there, can use for plants & badinton
replayreb (author)  AnthonyZ222 days ago

I would think you could chip away a hole through asphalt or maybe use a hammer drill with a concrete bit and then widen the hole by chipping away at it with a hammer and chisel.

anthonyjpatti made it!21 days ago

Super easy and cheap badminton set. Thanks for sharing.

11196303_10153273482291369_3248475480895364106_n.jpg

This is amazing. I'm building one tomorrow. Thank you for sharing.

replayreb (author)  anthonyjpatti22 days ago

Thank you! We are still using it. I haven't even had to replace the PVC supports yet. After almost 3 years they have a slight permanent bend in them when I pull them up for winter storage or mowing the lawn but still have plenty of tension to hold up the net. I may never have to replace them but if I do it will cost $5 for two more pieces of PVC pipe and the hard work has already been done putting the female anchors into the ground 3 years ago.

The cost and simplicity is what I love about this project. Total with the net for the project had to be under $20. I was looking at sets on Amazon that were well over $100 and had to be filled with water or sand. Now I can have the net up in less than a minute and take it down even faster. Thanks a lot for sharing.