In addition, Wise Clock 3 can show the time in "Pong" mode or "Pacman" mode. It can also display the date, including the day of the week and the temperature.
Another catchy function is to show a personalized message (e.g. "Happy birthday"). Wise Clock 3 can be also used as an alarm clock, as a scoreboard or as a countdown timer. To see the other features, please check out the "User manual", the last step of this instructable.
Updated Sep 5, 2011
Convert Wise Clock 3 to Night and day clock as described here.
The clock is shown in action here:
Some technical details:
- based on ATmega644P microcontroller;
- open source, published, software and hardware;
- user-programmable through a 6-pin FTDI cable (or breakout);
- uses extremely accurate (+/- 2 minutes per year), temperature-compensated, real time clock chip DS3231;
- multi-color (red, green, orange) display with 32x16 LEDs;
- compatible and programmable with the Arduino IDE.
Wise Clock 3 can be purchased as a complete kit, here .