Introduction: Easy Halloween Witch Finger Cookies
Disgustingly yummy witch finger cookies will be the hit of your Halloween table!
These are quick and easy when you start with store bought cookie dough. (If you want to make these from scratch, use a sugar cookie recipe for cut out cookies)
please take a moment and vote for this instructable in the Halloween Food contest!
Step 1: What You Need
- A tube of sugar cookie dough
- a cup of flour
- sliced almonds
- an oven preheated to 350
- a knife
- maybe some green food coloring, if you like
- cocoa powder
- a brush you can use on food
- red Candy Decorating Pen, if you like (not pictured)
Step 2: Mix It Up
- Let your sugar cookie dough get to room temperature, so it's all nice and squishy.
- Put it in a bowl.
- Add a cup of flour and knead, knead, knead. Get all the flour mixed Ito the dough. It will be alittle crumbly... You can smooth it together more when you shape the cookies.
- If you want your fingers to be green, add a few drops of green food coloring while you are mixing.
Step 3: Shape the Fingers
- Take a small ball of dough and form into a log shape, about as long as your finger, but half as thick.
- Pinch above and below the middle of the roll to make a knuckle.
- Make three small scores in the knuckle area with your knife.
Step 4: Do Your Nails
- Add an almond slice as a witchy fingernail. Press it gently into the end of the finger, pushing back into the finger slightly to imbed it.
- They break fairly easily, but how many witches have perfect manicures?
- Using your brush, Lightly add some cocoa powder to highlight the knuckles and nails.
Step 5: Fill the Tray
Repeat until your cookie tray is full.
Step 6: Bake
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool.
Step 7: Extra Ick
Add a theatrical touch of gore if you wish, by using a red candy decorating pen to outline the nails. (Wilton candy pens are super easy to use... Heat it in a cup of warm water until it's melted. Draw on details, recap and keep it until you need it again. You can melt the candy over and over)
Put a small line around the nail and smear it a bit.. (No picture of that in action as my fingers were covered in red goo.)
Step 8: Serve!
Add to your Halloween tables and enjoy a chorus of "ewwwwws" and "Gross" and "yum"!