Step 1: Prepare Rice Crispies
*6 cups rice cereal
*6 cups miniature marshmallows
*3 tbls. Butter or margerine
1. Melt butter over low heat in a large saucepan. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal, one cup at a time, stirring until well coated.
NOTE: When I made this for the first time, one batch wasn’t enough so I highly recommend making two batches as that will turn out the same size as mine
Step 2: Molding
1. When you are done making your rice crispies, place in a greased/buttered round or square round medium glass bowl.
2. Since we want to achieve a cauldron look, begin by molding your shape, starting from the bottom and with the palms of your hands pack down the rice crispies forming a bowl shaped (or something like a bird’s nest). It can get very sticky so if you would like to grease your hands before that might be a good idea to do so.
3. Leave about a 2 inch indent on the top of the cauldron to place the fondant props inside.
*Set desired mold into freezer for at least an hour (or overnight) to set.