for my first article, I will introduce the making of a Barbie doll house for the 4th birthday of our daughter Colyne.
Sorry for my English, but I use a translator (I'm French)
For christmas, we offered him a plastic and cardboard dollhouse.
Very disappointed with the quality and realism, I decided to make one myself. I will detail you the building.
1 hour video ! https://youtu.be/3ycFUePPHiA
(the subtitles are available in the video with translation))
The house is not finished, I have to finish electricity and create furniture and decoration pieces. Other videos coming ...
- 8 rooms on 2 levels
- Appearance red bricks and tiles (classical in the North of France)
- Opens in 2 parts and moves easily thanks to wheels
- Opening windows and doors
- Lighting provided in all rooms (LED + Arduino )
- Scale : 1/6 - Dimensions: 80 x 50 cm and total height 104 cms
- Weight: approximately 34 kg
- Main: MDF ( Medium)
- Circular saw
- Table saw
- Compact crosscut saw
- Glue gun
- Hand tools (hammer, files, saw, screwdriver, cutter, pliers, chisels ...)
Step 1: The Walls and the Structure
The wood panels are cut with a circular saw
Step 2: Door Handle
Schematic available in PDF.
Step 3: Windows, Door and Bay Window
They are then mounted with hinges.
The bay glass slides in a U aluminum rail.
The entrance door gets 2 windows and the same handle as interior doors.
Step 4: Stairs
Step 5: Assembly
Step 6: Roof
Step 7: Decoration
Step 8: Shower
Step 9: Chimney
Step 10: Vinyl Collage
I found a brick texture on Internet, I made repeatable (Software: GIMP), I repeated the pattern on the desired surface, I then sent the files to a print worker that creates vinyls.
Step 11: Finish
Here, the next step will be the creation of furniture (kitchen, beds ...)