*Attention!* The laser settings should be relatively similar between models, so follow your laser cutter's specific steps if mine do not produce the correct results!
I made this at Techshop @ RDU! Please go and check them out at: techshop.ws
Step 1: Size of Piece
Step 2: Setting Up the Document
1. Create a new document with the same length and width you chose for you piece. (12cm x 4cm).
2. To make sure everything is precise turn on rulers "view -> rulers -> show rulers"
3. Set guidelines by clicking on the ruler and dragging the line to where you want the lip of your bookmark to be located (see picture for reference).
4. With the pen tool, create a lip by using the intersecting lines as a guide. Make sure to set the line width to hairline (in Corel draw) which is the same as 0.001 pt. in Illustrator. This is important to make a cut and not an etch.
5. Now as you wish, connect both sides of the U-shape to create space for the flap to move. (see final product pictured)
Step 3: Print Laser Cut
2. On the physical laser itself, a home point must be set at the top left corner of your bookmark.
3. After pressing "Go" on the cutter, it should make the lip we've been waiting for!