BONUS: I've also included a tip on how to read your e-book in the bathtub!
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- plywood: 2 pieces 8 1/2 inches by 6 inches
- wood for edges: 2 pieces 6 inches by 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch and 1 piece 8 inches by 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch
- bamboo placemat or sushi mat
- soft fabric (ie; felt)
- magnets and bits of metal
- glue (wood glue and super glue)
- saw, sandpaper, clamps
Step 2: Make a Hole for the USB Cable
- Set the three edge pieces on the plywood back and place your Kindle within.
- Mark on the bottom edge piece where the hole for the USB connector should go
- Cut and sand the hole, test to make sure the USB connector fits
Step 3: Make Gaps for the Switches
- Mark where the on/off and volume switches are
- Cut a gap in the edge pieces large enough so that you are able to access the switches
- Sand the edges of the wood by the gap so that they are rounded and smooth
Step 4: Glue the Sides
- Before you glue, check to make sure that your Kindle will fit properly and holes and gaps line up (I had to sand the inside edges a bit for it to fit -due to my uneven cutting)
- Glue the edge pieces to the plywood back
- Place clamps to hold them in place and allow to dry.