Introduction: Wood Shim Document/Book Holder
1. Wood shims
2. Wood glue
3. Duct tape
4. Spring clamps
Step 1: Glue Wood Shims Together
1. Glue wood shims together to form a solid piece of wood
2. Use clamps to get a solid hold.
Step 2: Build the Base
1. Take 5 wood pieces and tape them together using duct tape.
2. Glue 2 wood shim pieces to connect 5 pieces together.
3. Clamp the 2 wood shims while glue dries.
4. Put glue between the 5 shims as well.
Step 3: Add Vertical Back
1. Glue 5 wood shim pieces on their ends to the crosspiece opposite to one of crosspieces glued in the previous step
Step 4: Glue Document Holder for Bottom
1. Glue a wood shim piece on its side against one of the crosspieces to secure documents in the holder
Step 5: Glue Angled Shim Pieces
1. Glue 5 wood shim pieces at an angle to the vertical back pieces.
2. Use duct tape to hold wood at an angle while it dries.
3. Make sure you leave a little space at the bottom for the document/book between the angled pieces and the document holder crosspiece, maybe 1 to 2 cm.
Step 6: Add Top Crosspiece
1. Add a top crosspiece to the 5 vertical shims.
2. This crosspiece will help to keep the document stable.
3. Paint to document holder to create a smooth finish.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.