Step 1: Materials & tools
For my airplane I used the following materials:
(ofcourse you can improvise according to what you have lying around)
- 1 piece of wood for the body (can be 1 solid piece or built up with layers of MDF)
- some smaller, thinner pieces of wood or MDF or triplex for the wings and tail
- 2 ice cream sticks for the propellors
- 1 round wooden stick for the nose
- a small piece of iron wire or paperclip for the axle of the propellors
And the tools I used to make it:
- saw (either a machine or handsaw)
- sanding paper (or machine if you have access to one)
- drill (using a nail and pulling it out also works)
- wire cutter
Step 2: Designing your airplane
If you make any adjustments to this design, make sure you have everything you need!
Step 3: Making the body
On the sawn piece, mark the shape of the body and either saw or sand it off.
When your basic shape is done, sand all the edges to make them smooth (especially for young children).