Introduction: Wooden Clock
Few month ago i stumble this clock on the web some where... Had to build one on my own.
Step 1: Materials & Tools
- Square Wood, about 10cm X 10cm
- Clock mechanism
- Wood glue
- Wood paint
- Saw machine
- Wood sanding machine
Step 2: Cutting
Cut 9 pieces of 3.5cm thick wood
Step 3: Clock Place
Choose your center piece, you will need to carve it to make room for the clock mechanism.
1. measure the center and mark it.
2. use the drill to create the hole for the clock, make sure the diameter fits.
3. place the clock on top of the center piece, and mark it.
4. use a chisel to carve the inside of the piece.
Step 4: Sanding
Sand each one of the pieces.
TIP: Sanding wood expose it's texture after painting.
Step 5: Piece Together
In order for it to look like the blocks are floating on the wall i wanted the attachment to be as hidden as possible.
so i used nails on the inner side of the blocks.
1. cut the head of the nails so you can use both ends.
2. drill holes for the nails, i used 2 nails so it will be stable
3. insert the nails in the holes and attach 2 blocks together.
* to make it leveled, look at it as 3 rows attach the 3 blocks and then attach the rows together.
Step 6: Paint
I used walnut wood color, then i let it dry.
sanded it to emphasize the texture.
then i painted it with transparent lacquer.
Step 7: Place Clock & Wall Mount
All that's left is to place the clock mechanism in the destined location.
and to create a wall mount, here i curved in the wood for floating effect
Step 8: Done
What do you think?
raajs3s made it!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.