The Windsor knot will no longer be a problem.
As it requires some (nylon) thread and a needle, will it be entitled to enter the Summer Sewing Contest?
Do you like it?
Vote for me:
- in the dadcando family fun contest! (click vote now on top of page; see also my other entry)
- and in the summer sewing contest!
Step 1: Needed Stuff
- Moderate woodworking skills
- A piece of soft wood (e.g. pine) of size suiting your design (see next step) plus much margin. Choose a wood grain that you like.
- Nylon string, "quite robust" (0.5 mm)
- Some pieces of flat scrap plastic (e.g. the cap of a PVC box) that is easy to cut and drill
- Elastic string
- Saw and miter box; a jigsaw is also helpful
- Wood files
- Sand paper (coarse to fine) and sand block
- 1.5 mm drill bit; drill (at best, a drill press)
- A sewing needle
- Linseed oil
- Wood stain