A lighting design with wood and pelxi glass.
Step 1: What do you need?
· 7 x “10 cm x 10 cm” plexiglass (3mm thickness recommended)
· 14 x 10 cm length LED strips (The color that you prefer)
· 2 x “2 cm x 16 cm x 10.6 cm” sized wooden piece
· 1 x “2 cm x 14 cm x 10.6 cm” sized wooden pieces
· 1 x “2 cm x 18 cm x 10.6 cm” sized wooden piece
· Soldering iron
· Circular saw
· Laser cutting machine
· Computer-aided Design software (AutoCAD)
Step 2: Designing with Software
First of all; for laser cutting, draw the pattern which you
would like to place on the plexiglass plates with using a computer-aided software. I prefered AutoCAD because of usage flexibility and also for being experienced in this software myself.
For first step, draw the circles inside of 7 rectangles as shown by the image.
The circles that I drew are sized: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 mm and the single one, 8 mm radius. (listed from edge to center)
The important part is; to place the smallest circles (2 mm) 2 cm’s away from the edge of the rectangle, and to place the other ones 1 cm away from each other. The center point of the biggest circle (8 mm) should be placed on the intersection point of 2 diagonal lines which are placed between opposite corners of rectangle.
I also uplod the DXF files of drawing. (bütün_ayrışmış.dxf)
Step 3: Cutting the Plexiglass Plates
After finishing the design process, cut the plexiglass pieces with laser cutter.