Welcome to my first Instructable! Comments are always appreciated, and I'd love to see anything you made with this project.
Update: Thank you all for the Front page feature!
Project Cost: Approx. $80 in materials (NEW)
- Router (or Jigsaw)
- Scroll saw (or coping saw)
- Rotary tool with sanding attachments (varying grits)
- Sand paper
- Palm Sander (optional if you like hard work)
- Paint brushes
- Ink jet printer (optional)
- Wood for the base (I used a solid piece of 4' x 4' x 3/4" clear pine for a nice grain.) - $40
- Wood for the letters (I used a small piece of maple, about 1' x 3' x 1/4') - $10
- Wood stain - $10
- Paint (I used a lovely gold Milk paint) - $10
- Varathane - $10
- Scrap MDF - FREE!
- A Nail or Screw - FREE!
Gather your materials, and let's begin!