Introduction: Woodland Bunting
Create cute woodland bunting using the laser cutter to decorate your space.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- 1/4 of a 32" by 20" inch sheet of 0.2" thin plywood
- Good glue that will bind well with fabric (Tacky Glue works well or a hot glue gun)
- 0.25" wide ribbon
- Laser cutter
- Utility knife
Step 2: Design and Cut
I downloaded a deer logo by Elena Rimeikaite and a tree logo by ludmil from the Noun Project. I used the outline of these designs in the creation of the wooden bunting.
The full design created with CorelDRAW is attached.
Cut out as many bunting pieces as you need - the attached file will print 14, but just copy and paste if you need more.
Sometimes the cut will not come out smoothly - in that case use your utility knife to complete the cut.
Step 3: Ribbon
- For a bunting that consists of 14 pieces, cut 13 5" lengths of ribbon and 2 10" lengths of ribbon.
- Lay out your bunting pieces in an alternating tree/deer pattern, attach the shorter lengths of ribbon between two bunting pieces.
- Pull the ribbon through the space and attach it back to itself with glue. Make sure that all of your glued ribbons are to the back of the bunting.
- Attach the two long pieces of ribbon to the ends of the bunting strip - these are used to tie your bunting to something.
You've completed your woodland bunting! Hang it somewhere beautiful.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.