Introduction: Wordpress Animatronics Alert With Raspberry Pi
Sure, Wordpress sends an email when someone posts a comment but who wants to receive (and) read more emails? I don´t and that’s the reason for this humble Animatronics Wordpress comments alert.
Step 1: Materials
Step 2: Assembly
1. Glue the servo motor to the back of the toy
2. Connect the iron wire between the mouth and the servo (you can also 3d print a fancy mechanism)
3. Make eyes holes and glue green leds, glue the red led inside the mouth
Step 3: Circuit
Image is self-explanatory. Eyes leds are always on (as in I'm running right now) Tongue led will only be on when the mouth opens as a result of a new Wordpress comment.
Step 4: Software
1. Open terminal and type "sudo nano wp-toyalert.py"
(Type or copy/paste the wp-toyalert.py file)
2. Edit this line to enter your own Wordpress URL
3. If you want to autoexecute when Raspberry Pi starts, edit etc/rc.local
(sleep 10;python wp-toyalert.py)&
Step 5: Demo
Manually execute with
sudo python wp-toyalert.py
That's all. Thanks for your feedback ;)