The idea behind this shelf is that you have fast access to your tools and/or hardware. If you have hardware assortments which come in metal boxes, you will find this type of drawers quite useful. And cheap!
Step 1: What you need and what you get
- One pair of drawer guide rails in the length you want/need your drawer
- Five rectangular wooden boards cut to size (Jigsaw, Table saw, whatever suits you) plus the drawer board
- A power drill with the required bit(s), sanding paper
- Short screws (for the drawers and guide rails, not longer than the thickness of the wood)
- Long screws (for the drawer box assembly and mounting)
Total cost of the materials: 25 Euro for the wood, two Euro for the screws, eight Euro for the drawer guide rails.
Things you have to consider before you lay out the dimensions of the boards:
- How much space do you need?
- How many drawers? How big?
- How much clearance between them?