Light bulb using 230V AC Mains, made using wire connector & no soldering ! (Instructions for 110VAC also hinted below.)
See this link for the earlier version and for step by step guide:
Step 1: Components:
2) 1k ohm, 1 watt resistor
3) capacitor - 0.22 uF, 400 volt for 230 V AC Mains or 0.47 uF, 250 volts for 110V AC Mains
4) Wire connector
5) Insulation Tape
6) Screw driver
7) 1N 4007 Diodes - four pieces to make a diode bridge
See the pic of the components.
Step 2: Assemble for the Final Results !!!
2. make 3 such pairs, or two if you wish, so that you either have nine lights or six, as per the wish.
Note: It looks simple but ensure that there is no error in connecting.
3. Join the three sets of positive legs of these pairs to the wire connector. All 3 negatives go to the other side of the wire connector.
4. Now for the bottom portion of the wire connector:
- connect the diode bridge positive to the positive of the led & likewise for the negative.
Note: Be careful in properly assembling the diode bridge. (As per link provided in Components or Acknowledgments)
5. Connect the AC ends of the diode bridge to a resistor & capacitor. It doesnt matter, which side since it is AC part.
6. Connect the loose ends of the resistor & capacitor to the bulb base.
7. Done ! And all this WITHOUT SOLDERING ! ;-D
Step 3: Acknowledgments:
for their I'bles & ideas !
Dont forget to vote, rate, post pics & comment !