Over and over again I remember this quote "anything worth doing is worth overdoing".
So my friends, here I'm again with another DIY jewelry idea for you :). I call it Ethnic Necklace because it resembles Indian ethnic jewelry which is popular and worn over traditional saree dresses.
This necklace design is an original Idea of mine and And you know what, it is super easy to make. Yup...super easy. Lets see how you can make this beautiful necklace.
Step 1: Things you will need
You will need:
- Some paracord or macrame strings, I used about 15 feet of Paracord.
- 20-25 acrylic beads ( I chose metal finish). The hole in the bead must be large enough to let paracord (or string you choose) pass through.
- A cigarette lighter.
- A Sharp scissor.
- A ruler
OPTIONAL: This is required only if you want to add end-caps to the necklace.
- Flat nose pliers.
- Jewelry wire cutter.
- Some metal or hard object like a small rod (for making wire coils)[Sorry not in the picture above]. A pen or pencil should also do.
- Some jewelry wire of your choice. I chose silver coated wire.
Step 2: Selecting the length and begining the weave
You have to start by choosing the length of the necklace on one side. So, see images above and follow:
- Take two paracord string or 7 feet length.
- Take 1st piece and fold it to middle.
- Choose a length of the folded cord, I choose about 10".
- Hold the cords at 10" using your hand and turn the cords to opposite direction.
- Introduce second cord from below the two cords (see image above.)
- Make a firm cross knot.