Introduction: Woven Heart Basket
This is such a sweet craft to make for any occasion, like Easter, Mothers Day, or Christmas. We decided to make ours for Valentines day. This cute basket is made out of felt but you can also use thick paper.
What you need:
- Download the pattern
- Trace around the pattern with chalk on some felt
- Mark the inside lines
- Cut the centre lines with an art knife
- Cut out the oval
Now do the same to the other piece of felt
- Once you have the two pieces cut out, wipe off the chalk markings with your finger
- Fold each piece in half and pin to hold the felt together
- Weave the first purple loop through the first pink loop
- Now open up the purple loop and thread the pink loop through the purple loop
- Thread the purple through the pink, and the pink through the purple loop
- To weave the second row, thread the 1st pink loop through the purple loop, then the purple loop through 2nd pink loop
- Weave the pink loop through the purple and the purple loop through the pink
- Follow this process until all the loops have been woven
Take out the pins and open up the basket
- Make a handle for the basket
- Glue the handle on the inside of the basket using hot glue
Now you can fill the basket with all sorts of goodies and give this sweet gift to someone special.
Runner Up in the
Valentine's Day Challenge 2016
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.