Make these elegant arm candy for less than $5.00 in less than 15 minutes!
I usually go to thrift stores to get my fresh supply of vintage beads but, nowadays, plastic bangles are the first things I see. Like my Embroidery Thread Wrapped
bangles project, this one took only three materials and about fifteen minutes to make. I already had a duo-toned ribbon on hand but you can opt to use two different coloured ribbons. The bangles came in a set of three for just $1.99. Altogether, I estimate the cost of these bangles came to about $5.00. Awesome, right? Check out the full picture tutorial if you'd like to give this a try.
What you need:
Ribbon A - long enough to wrap around your bangle
Ribbon B - about 24"
1. Measure ribbon A so that it's long enough to wrap around your bangle.
2. Glue one end of the ribbon onto the bangle and let dry completely.
3. Glue one end of ribbon B at the same place as ribbon A but on the inside of the bangle.
4. Wrap ribbon A outwards around the bangle and over ribbon B.
5. Then continue wrapping around the bangle but bring it under ribbon B.
6. Continue wrapping ribbon B while alternating going over and under ribbon B - this will produce the woven effect.
7. Once you've gone completely around the bangle, snip of the access on ribbon A and glue it down.
8. Snip off the access on ribbon B and glue it onto the inside of the bangle.