Step 35: Mold Making for the Eye
1. Plywood, sturdy foam board, or PVC plastic sheets or anything that will hold up as a form.
2. Amazing Mold Putty. You can get this at www.amazingmoldputty.com
3. Super glue or other adhesive that will hold your frame together such as Hot Glue which I used.
4. Mold release compound or Olive Oil.
5. Rubber bands or wire to hold the frame together.
6. High performance casting resin. I use Micro-Mark CR-600 but any casting resin will do.
OK let's start off by building the frame for the mold. I used a 1/4 in thick PVC sheet cut down in to the following dimensions:
1. 2 ea 20mm x 38mm x 5mm
2. 2 ea 20mm x 45mm x 5mm
These 4 pieces will be the block wall for the mold putty to be placed in and then the eye pressed down into the putty compound. Take one of each frame sides and glue them together, Glue the 45mm length to the inside part of the 38mm frame then make another with the other 2 pieces. Do NOT glue all 4 sides together else it will be had to remove the mold compound from its frame. Once done it should look like this: