I bought this Burley stroller/bike trailer from Craigslist for $160 ($500 retail) in near perfect shape. My wife and I saw that you can buy a ski kit ($230), but that it's not made for the older model we have--- that got the wheels turning.
I spent about $60 for parts from a big box store plus the original $160 for the stroller and it still costs less than the ski set-up alone.
This is my first post here, I hope it's clear. Good luck
It took me 4-5 hrs, designing as I built. It should only take you about 2 hrs
1. Baby (optional, small dogs like to go for rides too)
2. Jogging stroller
3. Old pair of skis
4. 4 pcs of 3/4" plywood 1'x2'
5. 4 pcs of 1" square steel tube- 18" ea
6. 8- 3" 1/4-20 Carriage bolts w/ fender washers and wing nuts
7. 4- 3" 1/4-20 bolts w/ flat washers (no bigger than 1") and nuts
8. 1 stick of 3/4" EMT conduit
9. 2 bike tire quick releases
10. 2 rod couplings and threaded rod--same thread as quick release
2. Drill w/ 1/4" and 3/8" bits and 1" paddle bit
4. Pliers/ wrench/ sockets... (something to hold the nuts)
5. Wood saw
6. EMT bender
-All drilled holes are 1/4" except where another size is mentioned.
-The plywood and tubes set-up will be referred to as "the bracket"
-Because this is made to be taken apart for storage and travel you may find it useful to label the parts.
-When installing the carriage bolt set-up, keep the wing nuts on the outside so as not to rip the stroller when assembling.