This was my first successful CNC router project, but I'll assume that you have a basic familiarity with how your machine works and your workflow.
Step 1: Tools and Materials
1/2 inch end mill router bit (with a 1/4 inch shank)
1/8 inch router bit for a finishing pass (optional)
2 inch thick extruded polystyrene foam
Digital Tools and Materials :
Inkscape or other drawing/modelling program
CAM program such as VCarve or FreeMill
Xbox 360 gamepad vector clipart
Step 2: Modelling
2. Delete everything but the outline of the controller.
3. Resize it to the dimensions on the Wikipedia page .
4. Make 12 copies of it (or as many as you need).
5. (optional) Draw rectangles for the game boxes using dimensions from this Wikipedia article and convert these objects to paths (under the Path menu in Inkscape).
6. Measure the shelf where you intend to put your tool control mat, and set the Inkscape page size accordingly.
7. Export to PDF (or DXF depending on which CAM program you're using).
8. Generate G-code for your router from that PDF or DXF file.