Step 3: Legs and Torso
The legs are identical up to and including row 10. At that point you will fasten off the first leg and continue on with the other.
1. Start with the dark brown yarn. 5sc in magic circle
2. 2 sc in each stitch (10)
3. 2 double crochet in the first 3 stitches, sc to finish out the round (13)
4. Sc in each stitch (13)
5. Dec across the first 6 stitches using only the back loops of the stitches, sc to finish out the round (10)
6-10. Sc in each stitch around. After round 7 switch to skin color.
Fasten off first leg. Continue with second leg
11. This part is a little tricky. We’re going to be joining the legs by crocheting around the tops of both to make one big circle. First, put the legs side by side with the feet facing the same direction. Sc in the first stitch of the 11th round of the second leg. Now you should be at a stitch next to the first leg. Go through that stitch on the first leg and continue the row around the first leg. When you get to the end of the first leg, cross back over to the second leg and finish off the row. You should now have one continuous row joining the two legs. (20)
12. You are going to be increasing in 4 stitches this round. Orient these increases across the back of the amigurumi to form a tiny butt :) For me this worked out to 3 increases at the beginning of the row and one increase as I finished off (24)
13. Sc around (24)
14. Sc around (24)
15. Decrease across the back of the doll 4x (where you made the increases in row 12), then sc in the rest of the row (20)
At this point, you are going to want to stuff the legs. Fill them with heavier stuffing like plastic pellets or rice. You can also use heavier metal pieces in the shoes. This helps the doll stay upright. Then add some polyfil fluff on the top to keep the heavy stuff from falling out as you continue crocheting. If you're using pellets or rice, it's very helpful to use a funnel for pouring them into the legs.
16-18. Sc around (20)
19. *Sc in next 2 stitches, dec* - repeat around (15)
20. *Sc in next stitch, dec* - repeat around (10)
21. Sc around
Stuff body with polyfil
22. Sc, dec, sc, dec, sc, dec, sc, (7)
23. Sl st into the first stitch of the next row and fasten off. Leave a long tail for sewing the head on to the body