Introduction: YUMMY Fresh Strawberry Pie
This is a perfect recipe is for anyone who wants to make a quick and easy strawberry pie! This is my always go to recipe to take to potlucks.
Step 1: Ingredients:
1 refrigerated 9” pie shell
1 cup water
3 tablespoons strawberry flavored gelatin (Jell-O)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
4 drops red food coloring, optional
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled, sliced, or sliced in half
2 cups cold whipping cream
3 confectioners’ sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Step 2: Crust Directions:
For the pie crust, preheat oven to 450°F. Place in a pie pan the same size inside the crust. Fold excess crust under and press together to form thick crust edge; flute. Prick bottom and side with fork. Place on a baking sheet and bake on middle oven rack. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light brown. Cool.
Step 3: Filling Directions:
* Bring 1 cup of water to boil in a medium saucepan.
* In a small bowl, sift together cornstarch, sugar and the gelatin
* Add the sifted ingredients to boiling water, stirring constantly.
* Cook, stirring, until mixture thickens. When thickened, remove from heat, cool to room temp.
* When cooled, fold in the sliced strawberries, vanilla and food coloring (optional, I never add coloring).
When crust has cooled, stir in the strawberries to the topping. Then pour the strawberry mixture into the baked crust. Place pie into the refrigerate, chill for at least 3 hours before serving.
Step 6: Topping Directions:
Chill bowl and beaters in freezer 15 minutes before you begin to prepare whipping cream topping. Clean out the large mixing bowl and add 2 cups chilled whipping cream, 3 tablespoon sugar, and vanilla. Beat mixture at high speed until it thickens and soft peaks form, about 1 to 3 minutes. Using a large spreader, spread whipped cream onto the top of the cooled pie to desired thickness.
Yields: 6 delicious servings!!