Here is a fast and easy project that requires very few materials, almost zero drying time and is made from a healthier alternative snack container.
Step 1: Materials
- Small yogurt container of your choice. (Clear or white containers with removable labels work the best.)
- Spray adhesive
- Glitter (I am using shredded of flake glitter)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue
- Box or container for glitterizing
- Ribbon of choice (optional)
- Rhinestone, cabochon, accent piece for front of hat (optional)
- Box cutter or x-acto knife
- (Optional) Hole punch and elastic or string
Step 2: Assemble Hat
- Remove your label. Residual adhesive should not affect the glitterizing process but most can be removed with googone if needed.
- Mark close to center of hat and cut all the way around with box cutter or x-acto knife.
- Place bottom portion of yogurt cup inside top portion. Use a dot of hot glue if it does not want to stay in place.
Step 3: Glitterize Your Hat
- Spray your hat thoroughly with spray glue and place into your glitterizing container.
- Cover with glitter, close box and gently shake. You may need to push the glitter onto the hat carefully with your fingers.
Step 4: Adorn Your Hat
- Using hot glue add your ribbon or choice.
- Using hot glue add your adornment of choice.
- (Optional) Use a hole punch to add holes to the side so that you can add an elastic string or a tie on to your hat to keep it on your head.