Finally, after months and months of planning, it's finally here- the date of the Maker Faire!
These are a few of my own key reminders and tips for managing a booth and enjoying the faire as well:
- Come As Early As Possible (at least by 8:00, seriously)
- Get your booth ready by Opening (10:00)
- Have food prepared (so you don't have to make routine trips to 30 minute long lines)
- Keep your projects behind your desk (or at least away from anyone who might grab or steal anything)
- If Indoors, especially in the Fiesta Hall, take at least a 1 hour break every two hours (the Tesla Coils....great fun but extremely mind inducing)
Additionally, give yourself sometime to enjoy the Faire itself! I particularly enjoy the outside area Steampunk Village
, as well as the secluded but intriguing 3D stage
(right outside Fiesta Hall), and the Center Stage Auditorium
is worth a visit with the Maker Faire's own Ted Talks.
Oh, and theR2 D2 Builders